Honolulu, HI, United States, North America
2 + years of Experience
E-mail to a friend
Return to list
About this jobNiteLines USA, Inc. is looking to fill potential Gastroenterologist positions in the Honolulu, HI area.
Below is a brief job description and requirements.
Locations:Honolulu, HI (96859)
Schedule:Monday through Friday 7:30am-4:30pm
Call:Rotational call schedule
Benefits:Competitive Wage, Accrued PTO, 10 paid Federal holidays, Opportunity to participate in company Health Insurance Plan and 401K.
Requirements for consideration:
To be considered for this position, please fax (866-583-4505) or email (email@example.com) therequireddocuments listed below:
* Updated Resume
* Copy of MD License
* Copy of Board CertificationDuties:
* Serve as a practicing staff gastroenterologist responsible for the care of patients referred to and/or seen by the Gastroenterology Service. Scope of services
includes, but is not limited to, examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients referred for or currently being followed by the Gastroenterology Service for confirmed or suspected gastroenterology problems. The physician(s) will be expected to see and treat outpatients and inpatients.
* Exercise admitting privileges for patients requiring inpatient care or observation, write and/or review initial orders and prepare and/or review notes that include the patient's chief complaint, history, physical examination, laboratory data, assessment and plan, both diagnostic and therapeutic.
* Assist as required in the preparation of daily progress notes and perform follow-up to selected patients. Review and co-sign resident notes and orders as required.
* Coordinate all inpatient and observation unit admissions with the appropriate attending staff physician and General Medicine inpatient ward team.
* If desired and practicable, provide clinical supervision, professional guidance and teaching to house staff and medical students assigned to the Gastroenterology Service through direct interaction and instruction.
* Complete formal written medical student and house staff evaluations as required.
* Consult with other healthcare providers, e.g., primary care physicians and other specialists, regarding evaluation, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up of patients who are cared for by the Gastroenterology Service.
* Prepare all records and reports as may be required in support of services rendered and as required by the facility. This includes special reports and forms such as medical boards and profiles, insurance forms and family housing exceptions.
* Dictate consults and procedure reports as required. Post exams and enter procedure notes and operative reports in the GI Service's Olympus Patient Information Management System.
* Make appropriate entries in patient health care records and sign or electronically authenticate the entries.
* Ensure patient documentation and reports are legible. Verify the content and correctness of all prepared patient documentation and reports by validating its contents prior to signature or electronic authentication.
* Correct any errors or omissions in patient documentation and reports.
* Facilitate patient access to medical care by initiating appropriate referrals to other health care providers.
* Follow policies and procedures when referring a patient or requesting a consultation.
* Become familiar with the facility formulary and follow established procedures when prescribing drugs.
* Answer inquiries from patients and staff.
* Make telephone calls to patients or to other health care professionals to provide patient care, consultation or medical management services.
* Use automated information systems as required to (1) treat and manage patients, (2) document patient care, and (3) communicate with health care providers and ancillary staff.
* When necessary, utilize the appropriate hardcopy form if automated information systems are not operational.
* Make appropriate computer
entries in the Ambulatory Data Module (ADM) data entry system to document patient diagnoses, evaluation and management CPT codes, CPT codes for procedures performed, and the patient's disposition. ADM entries shall be completed within 3 days of the patient encounter.
* The facility may require the physician to complete a hard copy form ("Superbill") in lieu of making entries in the ADM data entry system.
* The Patient Administration Division's coding section will code encounters in ADM for beneficiaries and patients with other health insurance. The Patient Administration Division's coding section will also code encounters classified as Ambulatory Procedure Visits (APVs) and observation visits in ADM on behalf of the contract physician.
* Document time worked in the automated Work hour Tracking System in a timely manner. This system is used by the facility to allocate personnel expenses in order to compute the cost of services.Qualifications:
* Shall be a doctor
of Medicine or Osteopathy who is board certified in gastroenterology (American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Gastroenterology sub-specialty certification).
* Must be a licensed, practicing physician in good standing and meet all licensing/certification requirements to perform as a gastroenterologist.
* Shall have and maintain a valid unrestricted medical license in one of the 50 states of the United States, and/or the district of columbia
, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Island.
* Shall have actively practiced as a gastroenterologist for at least 6 months within the past.If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Brandon Ross.
Job keywords/tags: Gastroenterologist